Home of the Preston County Buckwheat Festival

Street Lighting Service

The City of Kingwood has two types of street lighting. The lights on the wooden poles are maintained and serviced by Mon Power. The lights that are on the black metal poles are maintained and serviced by the city.
If either of these types of lights are not operating correctly, you can send a service request by filling out the form at the bottom of the page.

Here is a quick explanation of the information needed for a completed service request. The two types of poles have different identifiers:
The metal pole on the left has a simple identifying number, "KL72". Make note of this when filling out the form.

The wooden pole on the right is less intuitive. You'll see many numbers and letters on this type of pole. As you can see in the photo, we are looking for the number shown by the red arrow, in this case "B6-26". These numbers are usually found on the tag directly below the tag that reads "MP-E" or "MP-some other letter".

Please include the address or location of the light that requires service. It can also be helpful to include a brief description of the issue (e.g., light not working at all, light flickering, etc.). Also, please fill in your name and contact info, whether it be an email address or phone number, so that we can get back to you with any questions or clarification.

Street Light Service Request

Please fill out the required fields below to submit your service request. Once the information has been received, it will be forwarded to either Mon Power or the City Streets Department, depending on the type of light. If you are having trouble with this form, please call City Hall at (304) 329-1225

Name: *
Phone or Email: *
  Metal Pole
  Wooden Pole
Pole Identification #: *
Address or Location: *
Brief Description of Issue: *
Security Code: *